* Click HERE to download the Employee Reference Request Form for Teaching Staff
Our vision of Teachers
LUC Teacher Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant degree or equivalent
- PGCE or equivalent
- At least 2 years teaching experience in Early Years (EYFS – Year 1)
- Experience working within a positive, collaborative environment
LUC Personal Attributes of Teachers:
- Resilience to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Commitments to safeguarding and health and safety
- Be professional, honest and loyal
LUC Teacher’s Knowledge and Skills:
- Support and actively promote LUC’s Vision and Values.
- Plan, resource, and deliver lessons, having a professional understanding of inclusion and strategies for engaging all learners.
- To create enabling environments in which student development flourishes.
- Understand the curriculum and monitor student progress in accordance with LUC’s formative assessment practices.
- Professional understanding of safeguarding and health and safety within a school setting.
- Ability to write reports and communicate effectively.
- Take initiative with regard to personal professional development and learning.
- Attend events, parents’ information events, staff meetings, support the ASC and publicity events as required.
- Remain up to date with developments and best practice in Early Years education.
- Ensure that professional behaviours always enhance the positive reputation of LUC.
- Carry out any other duty as may reasonably be required by the Principal and Academic Director
LUC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices, which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, successful references, as well as due visa and work permit process as required by Chinese law.